- Pure Kona Coffee for Chicken:
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless thighs
- Olive oil
- Your favorite sauce. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup molasses and 2 tbs fine ground pure Kona coffee to each bottle of barbecue sauce.
- Pure Kona Coffee Top Picks In 2020 For Spicy Corn Cakes:
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 fine ground habanero hot pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted, plus additional for griddle
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Special equipment: 2 cups wood chips (such as hickory, apple, or cherry), soaked in 2 cups water for 1 hour, then drained; 13x9x1-inch disposable aluminum foil baking pan
100% Pure Kona Coffee Top Picks For 2020 Preparation:
Pure Kona Coffee Top Picks For 2020 For chicken:
- Prepare kona coffee (medium-high heat). Spread drained wood chips in disposable foil pan. Remove grill racks from Kona barbecue. Place foil pan with wood chips directly atop hot coals (for charcoal barbecue) or over flames (for gas barbecue). Return grill rack to barbecue. Brush chicken with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. When wood chips begin to smoke, place chicken on grill rack above pan with wood chips. Cover grill and smoke chicken until cooked through, turning occasionally, about 18 minutes. Transfer to large bowl and cool slightly. Shred chicken into bite-size strips; place in same bowl. Mix 2 1/2 cups 100% pure Kona coffee barbecue into chicken. DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm in pure Kona sauce over medium-low heat before using, adding more pure Kona barbecue to moisten mixture, if needed.
Pure Kona Coffee Top Picks For 2020 For hoecakes:
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Mix first 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Add 1 cup water and melted butter and whisk until well blended. Heat griddle or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with additional melted butter. Working in batches, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Using back of spoon, immediately spread batter for each cake into oval shape about 4×21/2 inches; cook until bottom is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Turn cakes over and cook until bottoms are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Place hoecakes on baking sheet and transfer to oven to keep warm while making remaining cakes. Place 2 hoecakes on each of 6 plates; sprinkle 1 tablespoon cheddar cheese over each cake. Top each with warm in Pure Kona Coffee Top Picks For Hawaiian barbecue sauce.